First Baptist Church Norman Park is a Bible focused congregation that has been expectantly praying for a dynamic preacher/teacher who possesses a deep and personal prayer life, has a strong focus on evangelism and discipleship, and can place into effect a framework which will enable him and his affiliates to pastor a diverse congregation. The Pastor Search Committee is prayerfully searching for the man God has chosen to be our Lead Pastor who functions as shepherd under Christ who is the Head of the church: a man of great integrity, led by the Holy Spirit and in love with our triune God and His Word; a man able to interpret and teach the Scriptures; a man who believes in making disciples for Jesus Christ; a man whose heart's desire is to "shepherd the flock of God that is among [him]...". (1 Peter 5)
The Great Commission is FBCNP’s driving force. This applicant must shepherd the church towards its purpose of developing and equipping disciples who are on mission to reach and save the lost within our walls as well as outside the walls of our building through invested, connected relationships which are founded upon The Word of God. The church seeks to grow our roots deep within The Word and experience the Holy Spirit’s spiritual, transformative fruits which would lead to ministry expansion and kingdom advancement. Growth would include an outreach to everyone with no bearing upon social economic status, race, age, gender, or any other demographic: alienate no one; cater to no one; reach everyone. The church commits to the authority of Jesus Christ and maintaining its open fellowship and a cooperative community limiting any growth of hierarchal structure to only that required to effectively fulfill the church’s goals. The Pastor, Leadership Team, Administration Team and the Deacons work together to ensure accountability in all areas through The Word of Jesus Christ.
Lead Pastor must:
- Meet the Biblical qualities as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 2 Timothy 2:15, 1 Peter 5:1-4, 1 Corinthians 9:16, 1 Thessalonians 5:14-22, 2 Timothy 2: 24-26 and Titus 1:5-9, Titus 2:1-10. He must be committed to integrity and accountability to God first and, secondly, to those whom he shepherds.
- Be a born-again disciple of Jesus Christ, as evidenced by the fruit of a growing relationship with Christ.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Preach the Word (Acts 14:15; 2 Timothy 4:1-5). It shall be the responsibility of the Lead Pastor to be the principle “preacher” discharging this duty with love, faithfulness, impartiality, and fearfulness, knowing that he will be held accountable for the welfare of the flock (Hebrews 13:17).
- Teach the Word (2 Timothy 2:2, 2 Timothy 3:15-17, Titus 2:1-10). Seeing that the teaching task of the church is varied and too demanding for one man, the teaching responsibilities of the Senior Pastor shall be limited to:
- The instruction normally occurring in the Sunday sermons.
- Develop sermons and sermon series and provide sound Biblical expository preaching/teaching with relevant application.
- Special instruction in discipleship training and other Bible studies.
- Be comfortable using technology to teach and reach others.
- Be willing to tackle controversial issues using sound Biblical Principles.
- Visit and minister to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities, and hospitals.
- Exhibit spiritual gifts for ministry, talents, and personality traits that will enhance the church's ministry.
- Be a strong and effective communicator who draws others to Christ.
- Develop a vision for the church and church growth.
- Be filled with the Holy Spirit as evidenced by spiritual fruit (Galatians 5:22-23).
- Be a Servant Leader who has a love for families and a passion for evangelism/outreach (locally and globally).
- Affirm the statements and Biblical positions of The Baptist Faith & Message adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention on June 14th, 2000 and must be ordained as a Minister.
- Possess the following administration skills: able to set and meet goals, plan and organize, delegate wisely, supervise and support staff.
- Serve to recommend and advise committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
- Have earned a minimum of a Masters in Ministry/Counseling/Theology or its equivalent from an accredited school.
- Possess a minimum of 7 years of vocational ministry and/or pastoral experience where characteristics of a servant leader and shepherd are plainly evident.
- If he is currently married, his wife must have also received a clear calling from the Holy Spirit to collaborate in this ministry.
Please send your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.